Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Loving Autumn and Changing Leaves

We continue to play with our leaves from Mother Goose Time. Almost every day 5 wants to hide in them. Yesterday she included her library books to make it even harder for me to find her.

The only way I was able to convince the child to move on from leaf throwing was to ask if she wanted to paint. Day 14 from MGT provided us with a great leaf cutout. I asked 5 why leaves change colors and she told me the leaves are red, yellow, orange, and green and the trees are letting them go and when they are naked (Yes, she giggles when she says the trees are naked) that means they are ready to hold snow. So, we need to work a little more on the why of changing leaves. 5 loves the leaves we collect on our walks and didn't want to use them to make leaf prints so water colors and glitter did the trick. 

A glue wash held the shimmery glitter and since the cutout was a nice quality card stock it it was a beautiful craft and is hanging up in the kitchen of Doodle Bugs house. 

We finished up the morning by making applesauce. My lovely assistant mastered the peeler/corer and volunteered to be the official taster of every apple we used. She's selfless. I had some strawberries that wouldn't have lasted another day so I threw those in the crockpot along with the apples and some cinnamon. Nap time came and went and we had a delicious snack. Have I mentioned how much I love Autumn? 

Tomorrow, Hibernation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment