Friday, October 10, 2014

Weather Time fun

It's been a busy, fun week getting to know our Mother Goose Time curriculum. I began introducing the idea of calendar and weather time when the girls first started playing at my house while their parents were at work. So these materials have added a lot of fun and giggles to what we already do.

5 is already a big fan of Hide and Seek so when I read through the Snow lesson for Day 4 I saw the suggestion to put the orange bird under tissues or "piles of snow" and I knew we had a winner. This game went on for a long time and has been played every day ever since. It's a great idea for playing with a toddler. I think it will be a go to game both here and when we are need to wait somewhere.



 As you can see, 5 is a cheater. But she comes by it naturally. Have you met her grandmother? 
                                                                                                                           


I found these uppercase dot-to-dot letters at Tot School. She calls them do-a-dot. Is that what they are? Whatever the name they are perfect for bingo markers and since it's orange and letter C month at Mother Goose Time, and every toddler loves markers it was a perfect match.

 
I thought we could also make a rainbow with the dabbers but Tootsie Pop wasn't feeling it. 

She did however want to share the orange love with her sister.



I have the weekend to plan for next week. Seasons!!! Looks like fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment