Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful




Happy Thanksgiving! 
Yesterday we used the Bonus Day provided by Mother Goose Time. It was all about Thanksgiving. I wrote numbers 1 - 10 on the feathers they provided and dropped them randomly on the floor before the girls arrived. 5 was very interested in what they were doing on the floor and immediately sat down (after she greeted Bird of course) to put them in order. She's a good counter and recognizes numbers up to 30 so this was an easy exercise for her. What she isn't familiar with is counting backwards. So, once the feathers were in the correct order I pointed to the ten and counted down. Then I couched down, counted backwards again and after I got to one I shouted, "Blast off" and stood up raising my hands in the air. Well, this was met with surprise, giggles, and,"Do it again!" So I did. Then she joined me and we did it over and over again. 
Here she is in her countdown position. Funny child. 
Next we got some of the food out of the play kitchen and talked about our favorites. We talked about how thankful we are that God allows us to eat good food and how it makes us healthy and strong. She was able to sort them by color and name them all. You would never know by her size but 5 is a BIG eater and she loves fruit and vegetables. She also loves candy, chips, and donuts. 
After that 5 made her turkey hat. MGT gave us sticker eyes for this project but we have bags of googly eyes and they are always the favorite choice. I expect this hat to make an appearance at Thanksgiving Dinner 2014 tomorrow. 
But first, Papa tried it on.
We ended our Mother Goose Time day by making our Thankful page. I have kept a bag of random magazine pictures in our kid supplies since my children were young. Give that bag to a child along with a piece of paper and a glue stick and watch the creativity flow. I always find it interesting to see what catches their attention on any given day. 5 wasn't feelin flowers, mittens, or stranger babies. Yesterday was all about food, insects, and rain. We are thankful  for it all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment